Job Opening: Cellar Person
JOb Opening in:
We're looking for an awesome detail-oriented individual to join our team!
Please send resume to email@example.com and include position title in the subject line.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Come in prepared to work - understand the day's objective by communicating with team members in advance
- Follow all SOP's and safety protocols
- Clean, maintain and sanitize cellar hoses, equipment and tanks, ranging from 3 bbls to 150 bbls in size
- Work with QA Manager to ensure high product standards
- Coordinate with Brewhouse, Lab, Lead Cellar on scheduling of daily activities
- Work with Lab and Brewhouse to harvest and pitch yeast & maintain yeast brinks
- Transfer beer from fermentation vessels to bright tanks
- Must be able to handle chemicals with an emphasis on cleaning and sanitizing protocols
- Dry hop and add other ingredients beers using scissor lift or ladder
- Participate in troubleshooting. Participate in troubleshooting of brewery operations, including changing production schedules where long hours and overtime may be necessary
- Coordinate with Packaging Dept. to ensure beer is ready for packaging on time at the correct temperature, pressure and carbonation
- Familiarity with packaging duties, including canning, bottling, kegging, warehouse constraints, etc.
- Familiarity with Brewhouse and wort producing timetables and activities as they relate to cellar operations
- Timely and complete filing of paperwork
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace throughout the day and at end of shift
- Being an everyday ambassador for Pipeworks Brewing and all of our team members
At a minimum, the Cellar must have the following:
- Must be 21+
- 3 years of brewery experience, 1 year of cellar experience preferred
- Adequate math and reading comprehension skills to properly calculate dilution of chemicals, follow instructions and record beer movement
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Assissting other team members (departments) as needed - Packaging, Brewhouse, Warehouse, etc.
- Ability to multitask
- Willingness to work until the job is done correctly
- Good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to remain calm, flexible, and work through setbacks and emergencies
- Ability to (or able to learn) how to operate a scissor lift up to 25ft above grade, forklift and pallet jack
- Ability to work on your feet, stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to regularly lift/carry heavy supplies
- Ability to work in a brewery environment which may be loud, slick, humid, hot, and fast-paced
- Ability to comply with safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment such as gloves, boots, and safety glasses
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the position title in the email subject line.