PM Shift Brewer
Job Opening: PM Shift BRewer
We're hiring an awesome detail-oriented individual!
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "PM SHIFT BREWER" in the subject line.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Come in prepared to work - understand the day's objective by communicating with team members in advance
- Report to lead brewer
- Monitor fermentation temperatures and fermentation
- Follow all SOP's and safety protocols
- Be able to work shifts of 8 hours or more, ranging from 12pm to 11pm
- Organize grain, hops, mill in, mash in, lauter,boil and knock out end of days brew
- CIP BH and Heat exchanger end of night
- Clean brewdeck and floors
- Sweep up mill area
- Setup the morning brewer
- Be able to close down brewery, blow down boiler, turn off utilities and lock up.
- Work with QA Manager to ensure high product standards
- Coordinate with Lab, Cellar on scheduling of daily activities
- Work with Lab to pitch yeast
- Must be able to handle chemicals with an emphasis on cleaning and sanitizing protocols
- Dry hop and add other ingredients beers using scissor lift or ladder
- Timely and complete filing of paperwork
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace throughout the day and at end of shift
- Being an everyday ambassador for Pipeworks Brewing and all of our team members
At a minimum, brewer must have the following:
- Must be 21+
- 2 years of professional brewing experience
- Basic understanding of chemistry and chemicals used in the brewing industry.
- Ability to work both independently and with a small team.
- Assissting other team members (departments) as needed - Packaging, Cellar, Warehouse, etc.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Good interpersonal, positive can do attitude, excellent communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and work through setbacks and emergencies
- Ability to (or able to learn) how to operate a scissor lift up to 25ft above grade, forklift and pallet jack
- Ability to lift 55lbs repeatedly. To work on your feet, stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to work in a brewery environment which may be loud, slick, humid, hot, and fast-paced
- Ability to comply with safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment such as gloves, boots, and safety glasses
- Passion for craft beer